Go Supersonic with Myro the Musical - By Nick Rose
Myro the Microlight is the smallest plane in the world! He loves to fly and he loves to sing!
This captivating and exciting new musical is based on ‘Myro’, the hit children’s picture story book series about aeroplanes, by British author Nick Rose.
‘Myro the Musical’ follows our flying hero as he moves from the UK to ‘awesome’ Australia. Whilst ‘Down Under’, Myro makes new friends, meets crazy animals, faces tricky situations and learns that friendship is the ultimate gift!
Perfect for any time of the year, ‘Myro the Musical’ is a flexible, whole-school resource and enhances many key curriculum subject areas. For example, Props, Costume Props and scenery can be made in Art and Design classes, the Australian theme is suitable for Geography classes, the Animals theme is suitable for Science classes, the Transport theme is suitable for Technology classes and, of course, the Musical itself is suitable for your Music classes!
Myro the Musical is flexible enough to be performed by diverse groups of children across Key Stages 1 and 2 and is available as a fully Staged production or a Cantata for choir and narrator.
The Musical Versions
- Cantata version for Choir and Narrator.
- Fully Staged Version that adds actors, dancers, non-speaking parts, direction and more music.
Both versions can be produced by an entire school, a specific year-group or even just one class!
- Music Pack - All the musical elements needed for the Cantata Version and Fully Staged Version.
- Stage Pack - Script and Directors/Choreographers Guides for the Fully Staged Version.
- Rehearsal Score - Easy play rehearsal scores.
- Performance CD - Includes all the backing tracks.
- Guide CD - All the songs sung by a choir/soloists - for rehearsing to.
- Costume Pack - A complete guide to making affordable and fantastic flying costumes!
- On-Line - Additional resources available to further enhance your performances.
Myro School’s Musical Kit - Special Half Price Offer!
Normal price: £79
Special Offer Price: £39
You will need to purchase separately from the publisher a Performance Licence for each school year that you perform the musical, ranging from £10 to £30. See “Additional Information” section below.
Approximate Duration: Cantata version: 45mins - 60mins, Staged version: 50mins - 90mins (scenes can be easily reduced to shorten running lengths).