Bobby Shaftoe, Clap Your Hands - Sue Nicholls
Musical fun for 4-6 year olds with new songs from old favourites. Bobby Shaftoe, Clap Your Hands is a collection of songs created from favourite playgroup, nursery and infant school melodies and the book is cheerfully illustrated throughout by Lynn Breezze.
New melodies can be difficult to pick up if you are not a fluent music reader but this book offers a wealth of new material using the melodies you already know and can confidently sing with your children. No accompaniment, other than that which you and the children create using your classroom instruments, is necessary when singing the songs together.
Each song has been carefully devised to help you develop your children's musical skills. As a whole, the book covers a wide range of activities and will be particularly helpful in establishing the groundwork of the National Curriculum In Music. If any song is unknown to you then the melody is written out at the back of the book. A light guitar accompaniment can be useful occasionally and guitar chords are given with the melodies, but your own unaccompanied voice is all that the children really need.
4) Do You Know The Muffin Man?
6) Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush
14) Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary
15) My Hat It Has Three Corners
16) Oats And Beans And Barley Grow
17) One Finger, One Thumb, Keep Moving
21) Polly Put The Kettle On
22) Poor Jenny Sits A-Weeping
24) Row, Row, Row Your Boat
25) Sally Go Round The Stars
26) She’ll Be Coming Around The Mountain
28) Sing A Song Of Sixpence
31) The Animals Went In Two By Two
32) The Farmer’s In His Den
33) The Grand Old Duke Of York
34) The Wheels On The Bus
36) Tom, Tom, The Piper’s Son