Go For Goal - By Gawen Robinson
2 customer reviews
Add your review
‘What a brilliant script - I loved this (and I hate football!). Songs are terrific - hand out the tissues before “The World at your Feet” finale.’
- SC, Deputy Head, Ayscoughfee Hall School, Lincolnshire.
"Go For Goal" tells the true story of the Football World Cup as related to Oscar, a young, rising Brazilian football star, by his father Lucas and his grandfather Leonardo.
The history of the World Cup is told in a series of flashbacks, including:
- The 1909 "Sir Thomas Lipton" World Cup competition, won by an English amateur team - West Auckland - and won again by the same team in 1911
- The 1950 World Cup Final played in Brazil featuring Brazil vs. Uruguay
- The 1966 World Cup featuring "Pickles", the dog famous for finding the stolen "Jules Rimet" trophy and ...
- "The World Cup Hall of Fame", featuring famous and infamous moments from many past Football World Cups and told as a song.
The show ends in the present day at the "Maracana" stadium in Brazil, where the importance of "facing life's challenges" is explored in the final song ... "The World at your Feet".
"Go For Goal" is dynamic, very funny and historically accurate (yes, England really did win the first two Football "World Cups"!). This musical has gone down a storm in pre-publication performances, especially the songs, and is a brilliant way to enthuse your children about the true story of the Football World Cup.
Contains 43 speaking roles (can be easily reduced to 23 speaking roles if necessary) with unlimited chorus parts. Simple staging, very easy to costume and no problem props (see PDF "Sample Script" below for more details). Separate CDs of vocal and backing tracks (with essential sound effects) and Full Performance and Rehearsal piano scores also available. Engage the boys (with the football theme) and engage the girls (with shades, style, WAGs and PAPs - see PDF "Sample Script" below). Suitable for Key Stage 2, ages 7 to 11.
A BRAND NEW product called "Sing it!" is now also available to accompany Go For Goal. This CD-ROM teaches the songs to the children without any teacher input. Children can use it at school or at home (think of the time it will save you!). Children LOVE learning this way and the product is foolproof. Just give it to the children and they’ll do the rest. Click here for more details about the new "Sing it!" CD-ROM (well worth watching).
Approximate Duration: 45-50 minutes