The Novello Book Of Descants
Published in response to many requests for a book containing imaginative and singable descants, this indispensable collection contains 34, set to the most popular of all hymn tunes.
Many of the arrangements are by Christopher Robinson, who has assembled the collection, together with settings by Barry Rose, Ralph Allwood, Sidney Campbell, George Guest and Herbert Howells; most are published for the first time.
The descants cover all the main seasons of the church year, as well as plenty of general hymns. The full music edition is essential as it includes music parts with varied harmonies, melody and descant lines.
The smaller book contains thedescant lines only. Suitable for use by church, cathedral or school choirs.
Publisher: Novello and Co
1) Abide With Me [Monk, W.H.]
2) All My Hope On God Is Founded [Howells, Herbert]
3) Angel-Voices Ever Singing [Monk, E.G.]
4) Christ Is Made The Sure Foundation [Purcell, Henry]
5) Come Down, O Love Divine [Vaughan Williams, Ralph]
6) Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus [Stainer, John]
7) Eternal Monarch, King Most High [Buck, P.C.]
8) For All The Saints Who From Their Labours Rest [Vaughan Williams, Ralph]
9) Glorious Things Of Thee Are Spoken [Taylor, Cyril V.]
10) Good Christian Men, Rejoice
11) Hark! The Herald Angels Sing [Mendelssohn, Felix]
12) Holy Spirit, Ever Dwelling [Howells, Herbert]
13) Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty [Dykes, JB]
14) Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
15) Lo! He Comes With Clouds Descending [Oliver, T.]
16) Lord, Enthroned In Heavenly Splendour [Martin, George]
17) Love Divine, All Loves Excelling [Rowlands, William]
18) Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory [Steffe, W]
19) My Song Is Love Unknown [Ireland, John]
20) Now Thank We All Our God
21) Now Thank We All Our God [Cruger, J.]
22) O Come, All Ye Faithful
23) O Worship The King [Croft, William]
24) On Jordanís bank the Baptistís cry
25) Once In Royal Davidís City [Gauntlett, Henry John] [Alexander, Cecil]
26) Praise, My Soul, The King Of Heaven [Goss, John]
27) Ride On! Ride On In Majesty!
28) The Day Thou Gavest, Lord, Is Ended [Scholefield, Clement C.]
29) Thou Whose Almighty Word
30) Through The Night Of Doubt And Sorrow [Shaw, Martin]
31) Unto Us Is Born A Son
32) When I Survey The Wondrous Cross [Miller, Edward]