Lin Marsh Songscape Series - Stage and Screen (Book and CD)
Songscape: Stage and Screen is the perfect resource for Key Stage 3 (Scottish P7+) singing and is an invaluable collection of 12 classics songs both old and new from stage and screen.
Featuring well-known classics alongside songs form shows written especially for children, it includes useful a context on each song and suggestions for adding movement. Ideal for bringing confidence to the classroom and concert singing, with vocal ranges and lyrics carefully considerd for the age range, many of the songs have optional vocal parts providing scope for part-singing.
Keyboard accompaniments are well within the grasp of pianists of moderate ability and the hugh-quality CD includes complete performances of all the songs, plus backings ideal for rehearsals and perfomance. As the CD is 'enhanced', vocal parts are also included in pdf format for printing separately.
1) Circle Of Life (from The Lion King)
2) When You Sing (from A Winter’s Tale)
3) Forty-Second Street (from Forty-Second Street)
4) Hernando’s Hideaway (from The Pajama Game)
5) Corner Of The Sky (from Pippin)
6) Seasons Of Love (from Rent)
7) Comedy Tonight (from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum)
8) Cabaret (from Cabaret)
9) Summer Nights (from Grease)
10) Kyama (from Torchbearers)
11) Sunrise, Sunset (from Fiddler on the Roof)
12) And All That Jazz (from Chicago)