Tale of the Christmas Tree, The - Sara Ridgley and Gavin Mole
1 customer review
Add your review
‘Stagecoach Theatre Arts is delighted to join in partnership with Sara and Gavin in recommending The Tale of the Christmas Tree as entirely suitable as a valuable and fun learning experience for all young children.’
- VB, Director of Education, Stagecoach Theatre Arts.
A Festivity of Note! (non-Nativity) for 3 to 6's from the creators of The Shiniest Star and Shepherd Little. Join Forest Fairies (hooray!) and Gremlin Goblins (boo!) to learn how the Christmas Tree became the Christmas Tree (and why the branches of the Poplar Tree point to the sky).
This is a flexible presentation with simple material and plenty of repetition. You can choose how many songs/dances you include. The show can be as short as ten minutes or extended to nearly twenty minutes depending on how many trees are in your forest!
The Director's Book contains all you need to produce the show (apart from the children), including a professionally produced enhanced CD containing all the music performance tracks with children's voices so they can listen and learn with you, plus backing tracks (without voices). Printable resources on the CD are: full piano score, read-aloud story and poem, production notes and music tips, cast lists, performance licence application form, props check-list, costume suggestions and picture pages.
This fun and festive show is a wonderful way to end your term, whether you have ten children or a hundred. Simple, catchy songs in varied musical styles. Recommended by Stagecoach Theatre Arts.
Approximate Duration: 10-20 minutes
1) Nearly Christmas (with vocals track nos. 30-31)
2) The Story (with vocals track no. 32)
3) Gremlin Goblins (with vocals track no. 33)
4) The Truth Song (with vocals track no. 34)
5) Conkers (with vocals track no. 35)
6) Fairy Cups (with vocals track no. 36)
7) Whirlygigs (with vocals track no. 37)
8) Fir Tree Bop (with vocals track no. 38)
9) Poplar Waltz (with vocals track no. 39)
10) Finale (with vocals track no. 40)