The Chicken Tikka Collection of Vocal Warm-Up Exercises (For Younger Voices) - CD with Printable Piano Score
4 customer reviews
Add your review
‘I am just writing to tell you what an excellent resource your vocal warm-up CD's are! I work in a school for disabled children many of them have difficulty communicating but most of them love joining in with the Chicken Tikka Warm-Up collection. Most of them are able to make the vowel sounds and are enthused at the fact that they can sing to the music without having to say lots of words. I have just purchased two more of your collection and eagerly await more!!!’
- KT, Bedelsford School, Kingston Upon Thames.
The Chicken Tikka Collection of Vocal Warm-Up Exercises CD (with Printable Piano Score accessible from the CD) is aimed at younger voices (ages 5 to 14) and contains 10 singing exercises, vocal games and tongue-twisters which are technically valuable, stimulating and great fun (especially as they get faster and faster!).
You can listen to the exercises performed by professional vocalists (join in when you're ready), then once you've got the idea, you sing the vocals to the backing tracks. Use the exercises as simple warm-ups or as part of a regular practice routine. They are ideal for solo singers, choir leaders, Musical Directors, singing teachers and vocal coaches.
If you direct your singers from the Piano, you can print out the Piano score for each exercise as many times as you need from the CD via your PC or Mac connected to a printer. Even is you never intend to play the Piano part, do look at the Piano score for more advice and ideas.
1) Breathing (for breath control)
2) Me Ah Smile (for placing of sound)
3) Ee Ay Ah (building on placing of sound)
4) Sheep (movement in 3rds)
5) Can You Count? (for the brain and the diction)
6) Days Of The Week (more brain and diction testers)
7) Tongue Twisters (diction, diction, diction!)
8) Chicken Tikka (for the tongue on the teeth)
9) Chicken Tikka Mango Chutney (let’s get physical)
10) The Grand Old Duke Of York (for the brain and the smile)