The Doo-be-doo Pop Collection of Vocal Warm-Up Exercises - CD with Printable Piano Score
1 customer review
Add your review
‘This is a great and funky way to warm up the voice. Working in a show (Chicago) that concentrates on 'belt' singing, these simple, yet fun and challenging exercises help to keep the whole of my vocal range in good shape. I thoroughly recommend the Doo-be-Doo Collection to all singers.’
- SS, West End Singer.
Following hot on the heels of the success of The Chicken Tikka Collection and The Um-Pah Collection, this is the latest selection of 10 fun vocal exercises and games from the innovative Writers of Note! music publishing house.
You can listen to the performance tracks, sing-along with the professional vocalists or just sing solo to the backing tracks. Use the exercises as simple warm-ups or as part of a regular practice routine. They are ideal for solo singers, choir leaders, Musical Directors, singing teachers and vocal coaches. If you direct your singers from the Piano, you can print out the Piano score for each exercise as many times as you need from the CD via your PC or Mac connected to a printer.
From a blues track to an off-beat syncopation brain tester to a lullaby-style exercise with pretty enharmonic changes, highly respected West End Musical Director Mike Dixon has created a challenging collection. Suitable for ages 10 upwards.
1) Gentle Vowel Movement (gently warming lines building to 4 parts)
2) The Um-a-gum-a Song (find some attitude!)
4) The Oo-ee Song (tune your voice/practice intervals)
6) The Long Ahhh (does what it says on the pack!)
7) Lullaby (pretty enharmonic changes to sing)
8) Lament (minor lines and different vowel sounds)
10) Syncopate! (find that off-beat stress!)