Strange Animals and Even Stranger People (Witty Poems to Inspire Creative Writing) - By Mike Hatchard
A whole host of zany characters can be found in this highly original and entertaining book of nonsense poems, all of which have been written to help children with their creative writing, reading and performance skills - a valuable resource at a very reasonable price!
Suitable for use in English or drama lessons and school assemblies, children, teachers and parents alike will have enormous fun reading these aloud!
Some of the poems are very short which makes them ideal for younger children who have little or no stage experience. Some of them, of course, are a little harder and some are quite virtuosic, suitable for older children who want to show off a bit. All of the pieces are intended to be funny and nearly all have a 'twist ending' - they're structured so you can pause just before the finish, smile and deliver the closing line, a useful skill to acquire at an early age!
10) The Blaggarooni and the Mystery of Where He’d Left His Hat
15) Mr Boggins the Forgetful Frog
16) Grimwald the Wackabat
19) George the Purple Pengle
23) Herman the Hump-backed Pony
24) Herbert the Grutty Floke
25) Geoffrey the Renegade Bloffkin
26) The Drongles of Caribou Road
27) The Giant Spotted Bangerang
33) The Funny Animal at the Zoo
34) The Wuggamoolagrimbat
37) Barry and His Cruel Parents
38) The Pangoplump and the Thangothin
39) The Beakless Blango Bird
40) Bernard the Perfect Boy
42) The Owl and the Pussycat